It’s here at last: fEmpowerment: A Guide to Unleashing Your Inner Bond Girl, by Sandy Shepard (a.k.a. Solitaire). And me, but mostly her. We started working on this book in 2005 and built it up out of posts on her Double Oh! Productions blog. You can order it from the Be a Bond Girl website or the usual sources (like Amazon).
Why Bond Girls?
Because Sandy takes them as a model for a life with more passion, enjoyment, fun, and fulfillment than many of us have right now. You don’t have to be a fan of the James Bond films to get something out of this book. I was a little skeptical about it, myself, but in the course of editing it, I learned a lot of things that have helped with my relationships. (No pole dancing classes for me, though.) Sandy takes a fun, practical, and very specific approach to getting rid of anything that doesn’t work for you and putting some adventure back in your life.
Who Should Buy This Book?
Women, especially if you
- Have become so powerful and successful in your career that you find yourself isolated on a lonely mountaintop
- Don’t really know what you want or like because you’ve been too busy trying to fit in
- Want to have more fun at work, at home, with friends, and with your “James.”
Men, especially if
- Your spouse or girlfriend fits into any category above
- You aspire to live the James Bond lifestyle yourself.
And remember: no one is ever too old to be a Bond Grrl.
Naturally, since I helped write this book, I’m biased in favor of it. But I don’t make any money from sales of the book; I haven’t even set up an Amazon affiliate link in this post.